Author Topic: BT in hull  (Read 1762 times)

Keith

• Tech Support
    • View Profile
BT in hull
« on: July 24, 2012, 06:29:32 PM »
Hi,

I rang BT today to see if they cover hull after my friend has ordered adsl for springbank area
They took my postcode and told me the packages I can have

has anyone else got bt in hull area

Keith
Service: The One Point

David

• Manager
  • Hull City Tigers. Get the AFC OUT!
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: BT in hull
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 07:09:05 PM »
Typical case of left hand doesn't know what the right hand's doing with BT.

Short answer: no.

Daniel

• Manager
    • View Profile
    • VoyageCraft
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 09:06:45 PM »
Unfortunatly no, seems companies outside hull like to do surveys and what not and either don't turn up or you get told they dont offer it after you've rang up about it.
Fibre connection *Activated 1/11/11*;

**please read** My opinion on these forums or any social site are that of my own and do not reflect that of the company i work for

Project Novo

• Engineer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 02:17:39 PM »
Dear all

Until all KC's Hull 01482 PSTN services appear in Openreach's "EMP" (Equivalence Management platform) "WLR3" Wholesale line rental database you will never have a choice of broadband provider.

In the BT / Openreach world, SMPF broadband services that allow you to have a different broadband and line supplier first require that the line to be a "WHOLESALE LINE" and requires the the telephone number to appear in the Openreach WLR3 database. Broadband provisioning requires that the number can be located as a single WLR PSTN line in BT's systems.      

Therefore, to attract other broadband service providers into the Hull area KC MUST BE FORCED to incorporate all their service lines into the Openreach EMP by OFCON !!!!!

Once this happens broadband choice using the equivalent of Openreach SMPF services provided by Openreach will follow.  

Hull and parts of the East Riding, thanks to Ofcom (and KC) are at least 10 years behind the rest of the UK and the gap is widening.

If you want choice in Hull see www.telecomsinhull.co.uk

PN

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 05:01:07 PM by Project Novo »