Author Topic: Your 2011 Most Anticipated  (Read 8398 times)

commandergc

• Director
  • "Double the gun, double the fun!"
    • View Profile
    • ?!?
Re: Your 2011 Most Anticipated
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2011, 03:25:37 PM »
It's not that modern FPS games are bad cos their not otherwise people wouldn't be playing them. I just think they have concentrated to much on realism.

Days Before Tomorrow - The Sky is Falling. LA Music Awards Album of the Year!

Scotty

• Global Moderator
  • Ofcom Inspector
  • Hai there.. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 01:10:52 PM »
It's not that modern FPS games are bad cos their not otherwise people wouldn't be playing them. I just think they have concentrated to much on realism.

That, and because of Call of Duty taking taking most of the market, other games (Like my ex-favourite SOCOM series) try to copy and be influenced by it, which has ruined the original game-play which made the series so damn good.

David

• Manager
  • Hull City Tigers. Get the AFC OUT!
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2011, 02:58:57 PM »
MW3 is just a copy paste of MW2 with new maps, new weapons and a few new killstreak rewards, thats about it.
It isnt much better than what EA do with their FIFA series, new year? new FIFA with more up-to-date teams, lets call it, FIFA <next year to the year we're currently in> and milk the cash cow, nothing they couldn't do with DLC but no they have to put out a whole new game for maximum revenue.

Another thing thats ruined modern gameplay? Paid-DLC and of course those dreaded Title updates.. Nothing like that happened in the SNES/N64 days! and we were better off without them too.

commandergc

• Director
    • View Profile
    • ?!?
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2011, 03:57:39 AM »
Serious Sam Double D is out ;-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7mUJLJVJtQ

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2011, 03:20:26 AM »
Can't help but wonder if we'll see Remothered come out this side of 2012... We all know deep down that the real man's games are proper survival horror games where you don't get any weapons and have to run away from crazy oversized men who would more than likely force you to have buttseckz if you didn't run away, all the time playing as a teenage girl as opposed to some stupid generic marine.

David

• Manager
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2011, 11:03:29 PM »
I LOVE your avatar HT  ;D

commandergc

• Director
    • View Profile
    • ?!?
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 06:37:23 PM »
Remothered looks interesting it's like Amnesia - The Dark Descent. love games like that.

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 07:09:19 PM »
Seems my information was wrong and it is possibly already out, seems they have stayed true to the point and click roots and combined it with the free control of later Clock Tower games.

@David; I'm reasonably happy with it myself, only problem is, I'm running out of avatars to deface.

David

• Manager
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
Seems my information was wrong and it is possibly already out, seems they have stayed true to the point and click roots and combined it with the free control of later Clock Tower games.

@David; I'm reasonably happy with it myself, only problem is, I'm running out of avatars to deface.

Lol deface? you just improved it like 100x  ;D

commandergc

• Director
    • View Profile
    • ?!?
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2011, 04:28:41 PM »
New Syndicate game coming! Still not sure i like the FPS angle though it is Starbreeze making it so this could be really good.

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2011, 06:53:26 PM »
Starbreeze... Surely not like... Triton?

GarethG

• Director
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 29, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »
Just to add, Dark Souls in a week :D wish I could afford it!

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2011, 08:25:04 AM »
I did a little research, Starbreeze were indeed founded by members of Triton... I shouldn't have to explain who Triton were (overated is one thing) so I won't.

Slightly off-topic, but it doesn't warrant it's own thread, I've been playing more Haunting Ground, it is very quickly working it's way to the top of my favorite games list.

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2011, 05:57:52 AM »
Don't like to spam the thread out, this will be the last one.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes crying... Why? Is something so awful that it caused that to happen? NO!

The reason is I've just beat Haunting Ground, well done to the developers, you've made me laugh, you've made me jump, you've made me panic and you've made me care about what happens within the game. Finally, you made me cry. Some games have done these, but only one, only one other game made me cry, and that was Yoshi's Island - and even then, it just made my throat tighten and my eyes water, Haunting Ground surpassed this.

Seriously, most beautiful game ever made, I'm starting to believe that my lack of sleep has caused me to dream a game that cannot possibly exist. Whilst playing, parts of the game gave me a feeling I have only experienced once, that was the first time I played a game, an Atari 7800 game, the name of which I do not recall (I was about 2, my parents used to set the thing up, all I ever touched was a controller) - I never thought a game would do that again, I thought I was de-sensitised.

I should stop blubbering and go back to bottling it up and being a man... Ah, sod it

commandergc

• Director
    • View Profile
    • ?!?
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »
only a couple of hours left till Serious Sam 3 is out! 6PM GMT for the steam downloads! and to get in the mood here is the latest trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQGO46QGlbk&hd=1