Author Topic: Gaming event plateform 2011  (Read 2482 times)

David

• Manager
  • Hull City Tigers. Get the AFC OUT!
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
Re: Gaming event plateform 2011
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
A gaming event... and it's all for consolefags? This is a disgrace! Way to take another dump on Hull.

What is consolefags is that some new brand of tobacco I don't know about?

Well its better at we get *SOMETHING* I guess you were probably expecting a Multiplay UK LAN event?

Has Multiplay EVER came to Hull anyway?

We also don't get any of the WWE events either so it seems?

Ace247

• Ofcom Inspector
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »
it's all for consolefags?

;D Class... :D

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »
@David; Ugh, try here for the definition, I can not be bothered with typing it out ::)

We used to have quite a few independent LAN Parties a few years back, I remember going to one in the hall at Woodford, there used to be some really interesting people and computers there, there was a guy at one that ran his PC on gas, you don't get that with consolefag events, all you get is "Oh, and XBOX, Oh, another XBOX. Lame!" so the atmosphere is boring.

It doesn't matter that we get anything, it's gaming, it's hardly going to change anything, you can't even say it will do technology any good because consoles can't be heavily modified. In fact, this is the place where you use the word "consolenerf" which is an absolubte disgrace, consolefags/nerfs ruined gaming.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 04:28:51 PM by High Treason »

dunny

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 05:46:33 PM »
Sorry HT i dont think the nextgen world class duke nuke as a game anymore even on the pc, As HT pc games are also there but it wont be duke lol

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »
Nice try, but I like other games too, and your argument just collapsed on itself because Duke Nukem Forever is gaining momentum and is one of the biggest titles this year, sadly though, it also got nerfed by Gearbox.

Your obvious lack of knowledge regarding older games is astounding, most hardcore (proper) gamers still appreciate games despite their age due to what those games did for the industry, Wolf3D is remembered for showing the world that FPS existed and many still play it, Doom is remembered for showing the world that FPS was worth playing and Duke Nukem 3D is remembered for showing the world what could be done with the genre with levels of humor and unparalleled interactivity even to this day - the nudity also helped. If this was not the case you would not find butchered ports of these games still for sale on your beloved XBOX Live.

If the game was not worth anybodies time, can you explain why almost 15 years later, the community still exists and has updated the game to the point that it competes with so-called "Next Generation" games? No, because this is not the case, my point is infallible and you know it is, so your argument is completely worthless.

dunny

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 06:12:05 PM »
Didnt say it wasnt worth anybodies time didnt mention the community. you come here and run your mouth about nothing that interest you why bother posting.

Sunlight :)

Duke nukeham, bigger then cod bigger then fifa bigger then homefront, wake up mate its 2011 not 1990s go out and enjoy the sunlight and wake up
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:14:49 PM by dunny »

David

• Manager
  • Hull City Tigers. Get the AFC OUT!
    • View Profile
    • My Homepage
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
Isn't Bulletstorm the new Duke Nukem now...
so if im not mistaken, what HT is saying is that Duke Nukem may be dead but its legacy lives on in newer games?

Hígh Treason

• Global Moderator
  • Director
  • Blood, flesh... woman!
    • View Profile
    • High Treason's YouTube
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 06:34:40 PM »
@Dunny; I'm not the one getting all offended over it. I'm posting because I wish to share my thoughts on the topic, simple as, nowhere do the rules say I have to agree with you, providing I post in a constructive manner.

Like it or not, Duke Nukem Forever is a big title, and I do enjoy a lot of sunlight (or as much as can be enjoyed in England) - it is one of the advantages of going out and having a social life outside of people I met on XBOX Live.

@David; I thought Bulletstorm took inspiration from DNF, copying is the finest form of flattery. You've pretty much got the idea, most newer FPS games borrow aspects from Duke Nukem 3D.

dunny

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »
When when you go out pick up a paper read the date its 2011 not 1990s time to join the ranks of the real world instead of hideing in your kitchen and moaning on youtube. Talk about me having a social life outside of xbox live, you moan on youtube about the state of your life whats up no friends to moan at? you have to moan on the internet. I watch some of your videos the other day classic, grab some popcorn boys and tune it to HT moaning on youtube. Word of advice come out the kitchen, ohh and buy a lighter lol

http://www.youtube.com/user/hightreason610#p/u/4/hvroprCE_DM
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:45:04 PM by dunny »